We provide following Ayurveda & Panchkarma therapies for body, mind and soul:
Shiro means head and dhara means steady flow of oil. This is rejuvenation therapy in which warm medicated oil is poured on the forehead for 40-60 mins. It is deeply relaxing therapy and revitalizes the nervous system. It is an excellent therapy for treatment of diseases connected with head, neck, nose, throat and nervous disorders. This treatment is very nourishing and rejuvenating for the body.
Duration: 40-60 mins
Benefits: Insomnia, Stress, Depression, Hemiplegia, Hypertension, Paralysis, Mental Retardation, Diabetic Neuropathy, Schizophrenia, Strengthens the sensory organs.
Medicated milk is poured over the forehead with a continous flow. It is useful for people suffering from sleeplessness, burning sensation of head, body, chronic fever, delirium, stress, tension, high B.P.
Pouring of medicated butter milk over the forehead as a contiuous stream. This treatment has a cooling effect on the mind and the body. It is very useful for people having burning sensation in palm, headaches, giddiness, fatigue, graying of hair, dandruff, diseases of nose, throat and eyes.
It is a process in which the medicated oil is streamlined in the nostrils. This stimulates the nervous system, cranial nerves and also maintains functions of endocrine glands. It also prevents many ENT problems such as Tonsillitis, Sinusitis and Pharynigitis. This is not only a curative procedure for ailments but also a preventive treatment for diseases of the head region.
Indications: Trigeminal Neuralgia, Bell’s palsy, Sinusitis, Migraine, Nasal Allergies, Premature graying of hair, falling of hairs, Insomnia, facial paralysis, epilepsy, toothache.
Virechana is one of the Panchkarma procedures that is used to to remove residual toxins in the small intestine. This is a gentle purgation therapy wherein patients are given various cleansing herbs and oils are ingested over a series of days. It a medicated purgative therapy, which is given to detoxify the body and remove excess pitta. It cleans the entire gastro-intestinal tract. The toxins are removed from the cellular level in the process. It is a seven days procedure and can be taken once in a year to cleanse the body. It is a safe process without any side effects. It is recommended for individuals with high Pitta dosha as a beautiful internal cleansing exercise. It is also recommended for weight loss.
Virechana helps to treat:
- Increased Pitta
- Skin Disease like Psoriasis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Gastro-intestinal problems
- Chronic fever
- Cough and cold
- Gynecological disorders
- Burning sensation in the eyes
Procedure: It is a ten days procedure. First three days the patient is given medicine to improve digestion. Next three days the patient is given medicated milk in the morning; it provides internal Oleation to the body. Next three days the patient has to take Abyangam and Swedana (Massage and fomentation) for external Oleation. On the 10th day medicine for purgation is given in the morning. The patient gets motions with which all the toxins and pitta comes out. The toxins melt and accumulate in the abdomen and then are removed from the body. The person feels light and fresh after the process.
Duration: 10 days
Benefits: Virechana removes the toxins from the body at cellular level. It cuts down excess weight and makes a person healthy. The body channels are cleansed and the circulation improves. It improves the complexion of the skin. It also increases the immunity of the body.
- Special light diet is recommended for 10 days. Patient should follow the diet regimen as prescribed.
It is a process in which a ring of gram paste is made over the lumbar region. and warm medicated oils are poured in it. The oil is maintained at a particular temperature.
- Low Backpain
- Slip disc
- Lumbar Spondylosis
- Numbness in legs
- Sacralization of vertebrae
Duration: 20 – 30min.
- Patient should take rest during treatment period.
- Patient should not lift any heavy weight.
This is a process in which warm medicated oil is retained over the knee joint, in an herbal paste boundary. The temperature of the oil is maintained.
- Degenerative diseases of the knee
- Pain and stiffness in knee joint
- Patient should take rest during the treatment period
- Continuous standing should be avoided
- Continuous walking and running should be avoided.
This is a process in which medicated oil is kept over the cervical region, in a ring of herbal paste. It gives immediate relief as it acts at the site of lesion. It enhances the lubrication to the cervical vertebrae, gives nutrition to the cartilage bones and improves the cushion action between two vertebral bodies.
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Neck pain
- Intervertebral space reduction
- Loss of lordosis in cervical vertebra
Duration: 30 min.
- Patient should take rest during treatments.
- Forward bending, lifting, knitting should be avoided.
- While sleeping neck support should be given.
- Patient should sleep on hard bed.
The process of keeping medicated oil or ghee in the eyes for a certain period of time is called Netratarpana.
- Burning of eyes
- Drooping of eyelids (Ptosis)
- Night Blindness
- Corneal ulcers
- Strengthens the muscles and nerves of the eyes
- Nourishes dry and tired eyes.
Duration: 30 min.
- Patient should not be allowed to see bright light after the treatment.
- Patient should take rest for one hour after the treatment.
- Patient should not be exposed to direct air.
It is an application of cotton piece dipped in medicated oils on the head (Anterior fontanelle).
- Hair fall, facial paralysis, burning sensation in eyes.
Duration: 15-20 min.
It is a process in which oil is kept over the head for a certain period with the help of a leather cap.
- Facial Paralysis
- Diseases of head
- Loss of sensation of skin
The bolus massage with medicinal leaves is called Elakizhi. This is one of the classical traditional massages of Ayurveda. The massage done with medicated rice is called Navarakizhi and one with herbal powder is called Podikizhi.
Duration: 45 min.
- Relieving body pain and stiffness
- Improving muscle strength
- Back pain
- Lumbar spondylosis
- Numbness of leg
- Improves the blood circulation
- Improves the skin complexion and rejuvenates the body
The bolus massage done with medicated rice is called Navarakizhi. It is a very popular therapy for body nourishment and rejuvenation. In this a special type of rice called ‘Navara’ is used which is cooked in Bala root decoction and cows milk. The whole body is anointed with suitable oils and then massaged with this bolus of medicated rice. This massage can also be taken by a healthy person for rejuvenation.
Duration: 60 min.
- Very effective in curing diseases of Nervous system
- Chronic Rheumatism, Osteoarthritis
- Slows down aging process
- Relaxes the body and gives sound sleep
- Improves blood circulation and detoxifies the body
The bolus massage done with powdered roots of various herbs is called Podikizhi. Roots of various plants like Castor, Sandalwood, Sweet flag, Devdar, Ashwagandha and dry ginger are used.
Duration: 30-45 min.
- Arthritis, Paralysis
- Body pain and numbness
- Degenerative diseases
- Neuro-muscular diseases
It is a process in which Luke warm medicated oil is poured on the body in a peculiar rthymic manner for a specific time. It is also called Oil bath. It is a Rejuvenation therapy for healthy person.
- Increases the immunity of the body
- Improves complexion of the skin
- Maintains good health
- Relieves body pain and muscle spasm
- Helps in healing fractures
- Treats neuromuscular diseases
- Rejuvenates the body
This is a specialized herbal treatment for reducing obesity. An herbal paste is applied all over the body and then massage is done with specific movements.
- Helps to get rid of excess fat
- Reduces wrinkles
- Cures dryness of skin and Itching
- Tone the skin and muscle after delivery
- Improves complexion of the skin
Human Body is a Wonderful gift of God. If a person has misused and abused Nature’s gift for a long time, massage can help him/her to restore the body to its normal condition of health, vitality, youth, stamina and awareness. Massage is very essential to keep one’s health and longetivity.